Some Things We Teach
We embrace the historic Christian faith including:
- Maintaining the centrality of the preaching of the Word, along with the right celebration of the Sacraments and the exercise of church discipline as the marks of a biblical church;
- Receiving the Westminster Standards (1646) as an accurate summary of scripture;
- Biblical Inerrancy;
- A recent creation (about 6000 years ago accroding to the inerrant Word of God) completed in 6 days;
- Encouraging families to worship and learn together (family-integrated) as exemplified several places in scripture, e.g.
Ye stand this day all of you before the LORD your God; your captains of your tribes, your elders, and your officers, with all the men of Israel, Your little ones, your wives, and thy stranger that is in thy camp, from the hewer of thy wood unto the drawer of thy water: That thou shouldest enter into covenant with the LORD thy God, and into his oath, which the LORD thy God maketh with thee this day:
There was not a word of all that Moses commanded, which Joshua read not before all the congregation of Israel, with the women, and the little ones, and the strangers that were conversant among them.
- Promoting the training of our children in Christian educational institutions, especially through homeschooling.
Crown & Covenant is just one expression of the body of Christ. As such we have some distinctives that define who we are as a church family. Rather than severing us from the rest of the body of Christ, these serve to unite us with that "great cloud of witnesses" who have gone before us.